10th International Triticale Symposium
Registration is open…
The 10th International Triticale Symposium will be held from July 15 -18, 2019 in Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada. At this meeting Triticale researchers from around the world will gather to discuss Triticale research associated with breeding, molecular genetics, agronomy, pathology and end use quality. The meeting will be held at the Sandman Signature-Lethbridge Lodge and will include a full day tour of research plots and research programs at the Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada Research and Development Centre in Lethbridge.
To register for this conference please follow the link to our Eventbrite website where you will be able to purchase tickets and officially register for the symposium.
A few reminders when you are registering for the symposium:
- Please make sure you fill out all of the required information when registering. We will use some of this information so that you will be able to attend the field day at the Lethbridge Research and Development Centre on July 18th.
- Students registering for the symposium must show proof of official student status by sending a picture of their student card or university document to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
- For those going to the International Wheat Congress in Saskatoon and wishing to take the bus tour from Lethbridge to Saskatoon, please order tickets for this trip through Eventbrite. As of right now we do not have a price (it is associated with the number of people going on the tour), but we expect the trip to be significantly cheaper and more enjoyable than flying to Saskatoon. The program being put together will be excellent. We will contact you directly about the bus tour, once you have signed up.
- If you are bringing a companion to the meeting, we are setting up tours around Southern Alberta. Please order a ticket to let us know if your companion is interested in this event and we will contact you directly with expected costs.
- If you are wishing to book a hotel at the Sandman Signature Lethbridge Lodge, please use the following link (https://www.sandmanhotels.com/?property=ZLET&groupCode=TRI2019). A block of 60 rooms has been booked for conference guests at a rate of $121/night + taxes. Please make sure you use the code TRI2019 in the ‘group code’ section of your reservation. There are many other excellent hotels in Lethbridge for your to choose from, if this hotel does not match your needs (https://www.wyndhamhotels.com/en-ca/days-inn/lethbridge-alberta/days-inn-lethbridge/overview?CID=LC:DI:20160927:Rio:Local).
- Our website (www.ITS2019.ca) will be up shortly with all of the details to submit your abstract, as well as poster and oral presentation guidelines. However, to ensure you have enough time to prepare and send in your abstract(s), the suggested format is below. You can submit your abstract to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. When you are submitting your abstract, please indicate if you are wishing to give an oral or poster presentation.
- Below the sample abstract are the research themes that we are actively soliciting abstracts for, along with key deadlines
Abstract Submission deadline: May 31, 2019
Early Registration deadline: May 31, 2019
Registration Closes: June 23, 2019
**Bus transportation is being arranged from the 2019 ITS to the International Wheat Congress in Saskatoon, SK (July 21-16, 2019). The cost will be considerably less than air travel and will in include tours of research facilities along the way. The number of tickets for this trip will be limited.